Stoppt die Vorratsdatenspeicherung! Jetzt klicken & handeln!Willst du auch bei der Aktion teilnehmen? Hier findest du alle relevanten Infos und Materialien:

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Long time no post

I don't really have any intention on talking about my blogging absence. Let it suffice that I haven't been blogging for a while, am now blogging again, but can give no guarantees about the future.

Maybe it's a rather lousy occasion to get back into posting but I'm really excited to hear that Gmail has started implementing free IMAP support! I am not one of the lucky ones who already have the option available to them but I'm sure it won't take too long. I really love Gmail's web-interface but for things like encryption (Do! Encrypt! As! Many! Of! Your! Messages! As! You! Can!) a client like Thunderbird is still necessary/handy. Unfortunately, having only POP access to my mail over the client sometimes made things more complicated than they should be. Just a couple of days ago the problem occurred that someone had sent me an attachment from his Mac and I wasn't able to open or download it properly over the web interface. Thunderbird worked fine; however, when I needed access to the file again, from another computer, of course it had already been marked as "read" and therefore wouldn't download. I guess I could have used some workaround but IMAP would have definitely made things easier.

So hooray for Gmail IMAP.

No comments: